In this post you will hear Raymond speaking in tongues (languages). They are a supernatural gift of God given via the Baptism in the Holy Spirit. The bible speaks of this in many scriptures.
Each Christian has a different tongue and even have different tongues (language) when praying at different times. You are not speaking from your mind but from your spirit which means you can read and do other things when speaking in tongues. Why do we do it? For many reasons, one is that it builds up our spirits just like you would do a battery.
Please listen and see what you think. You will initially just hear babbling and seemingly repeated words and phrases. However just like when you hear any new language it sounds strange. Someone might even recognise the language as I could be speaking a known language. Each of the millions of Christians around the world have a different tongue to each other. It just shows what the human voice can do when we use our vocal chords.
You will be able to hear that Raymond’s next tongue is very different.
In order to show what the bible says about tongues and when it started please see the below scripture references from the NKJV.
The Holy Spirit was poured out on the 120 disciples in:-
Acts 2:1-4:- ” When the Day of Pentecost (Tongues began for the church) had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” This was the first outpouring of the Holy Spirit and God is still pouring out His Spirit to this day.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.
Paul stated the following: 1 Corinthians 14:18 “I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all”.
1 Corinthians 14:39, “Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues”.
There is a difference between the normal prayer language of the Spirit and the gift of tongues in public meetings (1 Corinthians 12:10).
Some Christians will say that we should not speak tongues in front of someone as it then needs to be interpreted but Paul says the following in:-
1 Corinthians 14:22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.
9 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak in Tongues
- Tongues are the physical evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. This is clearly seen in Acts 1:2. The Jews knew that Cornelius’ household had received the gift of the Holy Spirit because “they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God” Acts 10:46.
- Speaking in tongues edifies the believer. “Edify” means to be built up spiritually. It is stated in 1 Corinthians 14:2 that a person speaks mysteries to God when he prays in This causes the believer to be “edified”, 1 Corinthians 14:4. We can also sing in tongues, 1 Corinthians 14:15.
- Tongues will cause our prayers to line up with God’s perfect will. Sometimes we do not know how to pray in a crisis or difficult circumstances. By praying in tongues, the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us Romans 8:26-27.
- Praying in tongues builds up faith. By praying in tongues faith is exercised and this helps us to trust God more fully. Praying in tongues is the key to unlocking the other gifts of the Holy Spirit Jude 20.
- Praying in tongues keeps us free from worldly contamination. When we speak in tongues the Bible states that we speak to God and not to men 1 Corinthians 14:27-28. If we find ourselves in a “contaminated” atmosphere (perhaps at work), it is good to pray in tongues with our minds on God, thus protecting ourselves.
- Praying in tongues enables us to obtain wisdom and insight into matters. The Holy Spirit teaches us concerning all things 1 John 2:27. The Spirit of God knows everything and can pray through us for those things of which our natural minds are not aware. There are many testimonies of Intercessors praying for missionaries at specific times, who were thousands of kilometres away and the Lord delivered them miraculously.
- Praying in tongues gives spiritual refreshing. In times of turmoil, anxiety or personal crisis, praying in tongues brings peace and refreshing to the soul Isaiah 28:11-12.
- Praying in tongues magnifies God and gives Him glory. The Holy Spirit fell on Cornelius’ household and they prayed in tongues and magnified God Acts l0:44-46. Paul stated that we can offer up prayers of thanksgiving in tongues 1 Corinthians 14:15-17.
- Speaking in tongues brings the tongue into subjection. If your tongue is under the control of the Holy Spirit, your whole life and body is steered in the right direction James 3:1-12.
All Christians can speak in tongues and it is our heavenly prayer, praise and worship language. It is how we can do spiritual warfare by praying as a group to break down walls and break strongholds.
Just praying 10 minutes a day in tongues will make a huge difference to our day.